Thursday, May 21, 2009

They say there is nothing better than being a grandmother for the first time and they are right! Jared is two years old now and I have found that the last two years have been absolutely amazing and without him I don't think I could have made it through with everything else going on in my life healthwise that is.
What an amazing baby he is and of course I say this with partiality :0) He is so full of love and pure innocent pleasure at the world around him that I find myself looking at the world through his eyes and liking it so much more! My blog will most definitely be for the most part about baby Jared the great!
And my family, I can't forget my family and friends because they are what I'm all about, my life, my loves, my passions, are all centered around them. I cannot forget my faith, church, and Heavenly Father who has blessed me with such great people in my life including the ever wonderful Jared.
As I post pictures in the future, you will not be suprised that they are of Jared, my daughters, my family, my friends. I'm a very ordinary person with some very extraordinary people in my life to make it the wonderful life that is.
I am blessed with two very kind, wise and loving parents who must be because their children are uprooting their lives and homes to move two states over to Idaho to be near them. My parents have retired, sold their home in Concord, CA and moved to their dream home and area of a little town just outside of Boise Idaho called Middleton. It's a beautiful home and everything that they are; warm, cozy, comfortable, safe and totally heavenly, the spirit is alive and well living in the new Flud household.
I have four awesome sisters, Marianne, Caryn, Kristen, Deanna, and a totally awesome brother, Johnny, who has a marvelous wife that I consider a sister alos, Kely. I am sure I will have stories of them in the future also. My nieces and nephews are great kids and I love them all. All in all, I think we make up an extremely loving and devoted family that I'm so proud of. We have grown up to love each other and support each other and we are very close which is a credit to my parents and our faith.
Which brings me to my girls, Jessica and Jamie and of course to baby Jared. I have recently gone back to church and am working on being more active and with Jamie's baptism, I have become even stronger in my conviction that the church is TRUE and we are both working on our temple endowments and hope to get Jessi involved and baptized some day too :0) My family will then be complete and I will rest easy knowing that we will be a family for eternity! What other way is there to go?
My blog will be about my growth in the church and my growth as a mother and grandmother, sister, aunt, daughter. I have many roles, and each and every role is important to me because it's important to my family.
This is who I am, this is me. Ordinary, but true, simple, yet complex as so many families are. Enjoy and I'm always open for new ideas and suggestions and tips. Life is a learning curve, so help me learn!

2 comments:

  1. I love it Desi. Great job. You are an incredible person, and an incredible writer. It will be so awesome to read your thoughts!!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have your own blog now. Now you can share everything too. I love your background too by the way. So cute!!! You need to post pictures too every now and then.

    Sorry I don't always email you back, Sometimes I check my email as I am on the way out the door or going to bed. Life has been crazy. With the end of the school year coming up, there are so many things to get done, and since I am on the PTA that involves me alot. Will do better I promise.

    Love you, and keep up the blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete